Add a website to Windows 10’s whitelist to ensure it always has access to your system resources.
Checkout this video:
When you visit a website, your computer checks its DNS settings to find out what server the site is hosted on. Once it knows the IP address of the server, it can connect and load the site. However, sometimes DNS settings can block certain websites. This usually happens if your DNS provider has blacklisted the site.
If you want to access a website that is blocked by your DNS settings, you can whitelist it. This means that your computer will bypass the DNS block and connect directly to the server that hosts the site. In this article, we’ll show you how to whitelist a website on Windows 10.
What is a whitelist?
A whitelist is a list of domains or IP addresses that are considered safe and are allowed to pass through the firewall. When you add a site to your Windows 10 whitelist, it means that you are telling the operating system that the site is safe and can be accessed. This can be useful if you want to make sure that only certain sites can be accessed on your computer.
To whitelist a website on Windows 10, you will need to add it to the Windows Firewall exceptions list. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Windows Defender Firewall by clicking on Start and then typing in “firewall” into the search bar.
2. Click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” in the left-hand column.
3. In the next window, click on “Change settings” and then scroll down until you see the section labeled “Allowed apps and features”.
4. Find the website that you want to whitelist in the list of apps and features and check the box next to it.
5. Click on “OK” to save your changes and then close out of the Windows Defender Firewall window.
Why would you want to whitelist a website?
There are many reasons you might want to whitelist a website. Maybe you want to make sure that you can always access your bank’s website, even if your computer is infected with malware. Or maybe you’re a parent and you want to make sure that your kids can only access age-appropriate websites.
Whatever your reason, whitelisting a website on Windows 10 is easy to do. Here’s how:
1. Open the Windows Defender Security Center.
2. Click on the “App & browser control” option.
3. Click on the “Exploit protection settings” option.
4. Click on the “Browse…” button.
5. Enter the URL of the website you want to whitelist and click “Open”.
6. Click on the “Add” button.
7. Close the Windows Defender Security Center and you’re done!
How to whitelist a website on Windows 10
It’s important to be careful about which websites you allow into your network. You don’t want to whitelist a website only to find out later that it’s full of malware or other malicious content. However, there may be some websites that you trust and want to make sure always have access. Here’s how to whitelist a website on Windows 10.
1. Open the Windows Defender Security Center. You can do this by searching for “Security” in the Start menu.
2. Click on “Firewall & network protection.”
3. Under “Network connection settings,” click on “Edit firewall rules.”
4. Click on the “New rule” button.
5. Select the “Custom rule” option.
6. Enter the URL of the website you want to whitelist in the “Target” field.
7. Select the “Allow” option and then click on “Next.”
8. Give the rule a name and then click on “Finish.”
Now, when you visit that website, Windows will allow it through the firewall without any problems.
How to check if a website is whitelisted
If you’re not sure whether or not a website is whitelisted, there are a few ways to check.
First, you can try visiting the site in question. If it loads without any problems, then it’s likely that the site is whitelisted.
Another way to check is to open the Windows Defender Security Center and click on “App & browser control.” Under “Check apps and files,” you should see a list of all the websites that are whitelisted.
If you still can’t figure it out, you can always contact Microsoft customer support for help.
How to remove a website from the whitelist
There are a few ways to whitelist a website on Windows 10, but the easiest is to use the Microsoft Edge browser. Here’s how:
1. Open Edge and click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner.
2. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on “View advanced settings.”
4. Scroll down to the “Privacy & security” section and click on “Sites that can always use your camera.”
5. Click on the “Add” button and type in the URL of the website you want to whitelist.
6. Click “Add” and then “Close.”
You can also whitelist websites in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, but the process is slightly different for each browser.
1. How do I whitelist a website on Windows 10?
2. How do I allow a website on Windows 10?
3. How do I unblock a website on Windows 10?
Generally, you will want to whitelist websites on Windows 10 in order to ensure that you can continue to access them without issue. You may need to whitelist a website due to its content, its usefulness, or simply because you trust the site. There are a few different ways that you can whitelist websites on Windows 10, which we will outline below.
1. How do I whitelist a website on Windows 10?
In order to whitelist a website on Windows 10, you will first need to open up the Microsoft Edge browser. Once Edge is open, click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the browser window and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
Under the “Privacy and services” section, click on “Site permissions”.
Next to “Adobe Flash Player”, make sure that the switch is turned off. This will allow Flash content from any site that you visit to run automatically, without having to give specific permission each time.
Click on the three dots next to any other site that you want to allow Flash content from and select “Always allow” from the drop-down menu.
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us on our support page.
In order to whitelist a website on Windows 10, you will need to add it to your list of trusted sites. This can be done through the Internet Options dialog box.
To whitelist a website on Windows 10:
1. Open the Internet Options dialog box. You can do this by opening the Control Panel and then clicking on “Internet Options.”
2. Click on the “Security” tab and then click on the “Trusted Sites” icon.
3. Click on the “Sites” button and then enter the URL of the website that you want to whitelist in the “Add this website to the zone” field.
4. Click on the “Add” button and then close the Internet Options dialog box.